Delight in delicious drinks while sailing the South Seas aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin. With island temperatures hovering right around 85 degrees year round, the tropical weather is best experienced with icy cold refreshments in hand. As part of The Gauguin experience, guests enjoy complimentary beverages, including beer, select wines, and spirits, which are included in the cruise fare. And each stateroom and suite is outfitted with a refrigerator stocked with water, soda, and beer.
Start the morning right by visiting The Gauguin’s La Palette on Deck 8 to partake in a blended fresh fruit and vegetable juice drink. Coffee, espresso, tea, fruit juices, smoothies, and mimosas are popular accompaniments for breakfast in La Veranda or Le Grill.
Tahiti’s local beer, Hinano, is a light lager that has grown into a lifestyle brand throughout the islands. It is served along with a variety of other U.S. and European beers aboard The Gauguin and is perfect for drinking on deck while soaking in island views.
At Motu Mahana, Paul Gauguin Cruises’ private island, guests can enjoy fresh coconuts filled with coconut water and the option to have bartenders mix in juices and spirits. And a floating bar in the lagoon offers a number of refreshments to quench thirsts without the need to leave the water.
Each day, a special “Drink of the Day” is unveiled, inspired by the islands and garnished with tropical accoutrements. The Gauguin’s attentive bar staff happily handcrafts these favorites, which include:
- Paradise Cocktail: Dark Rum, Crème de Banana, Blackberry Brandy, Orange Juice, Grenadine, and Sweet & Sour Mix.
- Les Gauguines: Bacardi Rum, Strawberry Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, Coconut Cream, and Grenadine.
- Island Affair: Midori, Triple Sec, Blue Curaçao, and Orange Juice
- Bora Bora Lagoon: Bacardi Rum, Mango Juice, Coconut Cream, and Blue Curaçao
- Bounty Bay: Bacardi Light, Myers Rum, Malibu Rum, Orange Juice, and Sweet & Sour Mix
- Bali Hai: Bacardi Light, Myers Rum, Crème de Banana, Malibu, Tropical Fruit Juices, Coconut Crème, and Grenadine
- Beachcomber: Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice, and Grenadine
The non-alcoholic “Drink of the Day” beverages featured are:
- Tropical Runner: Banana Daiquiri Mix, Coconut Cream, Orange Juice, and Sweet & Sour Mix
- Fruit Punch: Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Sweet & Sour Mix, and Grenadine
- Virgin Piña Colada: Coconut Cream and Pineapple Juice
- Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri: Strawberry Daiquiri Mix and Sweet & Sour Mix
- Bora Bora Brew: Pineapple Juice, Ginger Ale, and Grenadine
- Pink Panther: Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Sweet & Sour Mix, Grenadine, and Milk
Enjoy these creations by the pool, while listening to live music in the Piano Bar, or gathering with new friends in La Palette Lounge. A lovely assortment of classic cocktails, spirits, and wines are also available on the menu.
When dining in the evenings, the Sommelier in L’Etoile, La Veranda, and Le Grill can recommend wine pairings that complement the meal best. And for those looking for a special bottle of wine to share, guests can purchase vintages from The Gauguin’s Connoisseur’s List, which offers fine wines from around the world. Select sailings also feature winemakers who provide educational lectures and wine tastings.
For tips on pairing wine and food from our sommelier, please click here.
To learn more about dining aboard The Gauguin, please click here.
For a list of our upcoming voyages featuring winemakers and other special guests, please click here.